Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with AuthenticationExtension

Hi,

I got SSRS2005 with FormsAuthentication working for a while now without any problems. I decided to create some kind of 'Account Enabled' functionality and therefore I modified my AuthenticationExtension.cs. But what happened, the new functionality does not work. After adding some logging stuff to this file nothing changed. So it looks as if AuthenticationExtension.css is not being used at all in my security extension. I verified this by removing the file from the project and still...no changes! Other files in my security extension module are being used however. When I make a change to AuthenticationUtilities I can see it in my results.

Does anyone know how this can happen? Why is my extended IAuthenticationExtension not been used?

Thanks,

Hans

I assume you've redeployed the dll to the report server / manager bin directory. Have you tried debugging and stepping into the code?|||...thanks. This brougth me to the solution. I replaced the security dll in my customized application's bin directory but not in the RS-server and RS-manager bin's. After doing this it worked as expected. Obviously only dll's in these bin directories are relevant.|||Hey i have a huge problem, right now my machine has installed SQL 2005 and .NET 2005, but my example for custom security needs SQL 2000.

Could you give the address where you found the FormsSecurity solution, please?
|||Hi, there's in fact no big difference with the extensions you're using with SQL2000. The security extensions should be there when you installed SQL2005. I know that a couple of extra methods came with the Security extension 2005, that you have to override in your own code, but you'll notice soon enough. What error message do you get?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment