Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with BCP

Hi,
I execute this command in CMD:
bcp pubs..authors out c:\test.dat -T -n
I get the following error:
Code page 720 is not supported by SQL Server.
Unable to resolve column level collation.
I'm using Personal Edition on Win XP Prof. I have not modified anything in
pubs database.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LeilaHi
You may want to try the -C option to specify 720 or RAW. Alternatively a
format file specifying the collation may work.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...>
bcp_1y43.asp
John
"Leila" <leilas@.hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:eUUw97aTFHA.2172@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I execute this command in CMD:
> bcp pubs..authors out c:\test.dat -T -n
> I get the following error:
> Code page 720 is not supported by SQL Server.
> Unable to resolve column level collation.
> I'm using Personal Edition on Win XP Prof. I have not modified anything in
> pubs database.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Leila
>
>|||Thanks John!
RAW worked :-)
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#gQu8whTFHA.3620@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> You may want to try the -C option to specify 720 or RAW. Alternatively a
> format file specifying the collation may work.
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/adminsql/ad
_impt_bcp_1y43.asp
> John
> "Leila" <leilas@.hotpop.com> wrote in message
> news:eUUw97aTFHA.2172@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
in
>

No comments:

Post a Comment