Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Problem with BIDS

I'm designing an olap db with BIDS (business intelligence developer studio) but I cannot add any calculated members.

When I open the tab for adding calculated measures an error appear (Italian version): Errore imprevisto: 'Errore dell'applicazione'.

Looking in the event viewer I found some errors.

Source: MSOLAP$LocalCube

The description is not very meaningfull: Internal Error

Has anyone experienced this proble before ?

Any idea how to solve it ?

I tried to edit directly the source xml but don't know the sintax.

Cosimo

Have you by any chance installed Office 2007, but are still running SP1? If so this is a known issue, you can either apply SP2 or use the work around on my blog http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell/archive/2006/11/17/97367.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment