Monday, March 26, 2012

Problem with authentication prompting whilst fetching a report over the NET

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with accessing a report.
When I test it on my machine (2000 & reporting services installed on same
machine) there's no problem. As soon as I try to access it vie the internet
(I route through no-ip.org) then a window pops up wanting authentication. I
want to do away with this please.
How do I do this so no prompting occurs?
Regards
John.The authentication for a data source can be different for the dev env than
the production env... Go to the data source in the Prod env, and ensure
that something OTHER than prompt for credentials is set for the data
source...
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"John" <a@.b.c> wrote in message
news:%23iJ6eE7XFHA.2768@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I'm having a problem with accessing a report.
> When I test it on my machine (2000 & reporting services installed on same
> machine) there's no problem. As soon as I try to access it vie the
> internet (I route through no-ip.org) then a window pops up wanting
> authentication. I want to do away with this please.
> How do I do this so no prompting occurs?
> Regards
> John.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment