Friday, March 30, 2012

Problem with Capital Field names in db and sql statements in small letters

Hi,

I integrated a third-party sw that is apparently used in hundreds of sites into my site. That sw has all field names in (Access) db in capital letters and uses small letters in sql statements in the code and that creates a problem on my site. The third-party sw developers say that this is caused by a false setting on the Web Server so they suggest I change my hosting. I know that if the field names and the sql statements in the code are both capital letters or both small letters everything works.
Does anybody have any idea about how to solve this problem? Is it true that it is a hosting problem? And if so could anybody please tell me how to correct web server setting?

Thanks a lot in advance,
CananWhat errors are you getting? It doesn't sound like a web setting to me. It sounds like typical third-party passing the buck crap.

It sounds like your web hosting company has a case-sensitive version of SQL Server. Either that or Access is case sensitive (not even sure if you can do that)??? :)

I think it's safe to say if it works by correcting the code it's not your webhost though.|||Thanks for your quick response. We found out that after v2.5 of MDAC this problem occurs if the server setting is Turkish. So this was our problem. And Microsoft Support pages suggest we use db field names and the sql statement in the same case to solve this problem if the server has Turkish settings ! We changed the Turkish settings on the server back to English but no luck the problem persisted. So what we did we changed the field names to small letters ! Not a nice way of solving a problem but works out... :)

Thanks again,
Canan

No comments:

Post a Comment